22 January 2013

Project Meeting

Would the title of this post draw in many readers? Probably not! It was quite enjoyable, though. We are about midway in the project we are currently working on, and we all gathered in Southampton to discuss progress. And when I say "we all" I mean people from eight institutes. It's a big project! And such meetings always boost my enthusiasm. While you're doing the actual work, it's easy to get a bit blinkered. I stare down a microscope a lot; sometimes I forget I am part of a much bigger project involving dripstone formations, ice caps, modelling of all sorts, and more of that. It's good to see we all are going in the right direction! For  a more detailed description of the meeting, look here. I'm back now, and making good progress! Bring on the forams!

View from the meeting room

No comments: